Blue Sky releases half year results
Blue Sky Alternative Investments Limited (ASX: BLA) (‘Blue Sky’) today announced its results for the half year ended 31 December 2017. Blue Sky reported:
- Strong growth in revenue, net profit after tax (‘NPAT’) and fee-earning assets under management (‘AUM’):
- underlying revenue of $51.4 million – an increase of 41% compared to 1H FY17;
- underlying NPAT of $16.1 million – an increase of 59% compared to 1H FY17;
- $3.9 billion of fee-earning AUM at 31 December 2017 – an increase of ~$1.2 billion over the last twelve months;
- Target of $5.5 – $6.0 billion in fee-earning AUM by 30 June 2019;
- Returns to fund investors of 15.0% p.a. (net of fees) since inception, with realised returns of 16.7% a. (net of fees) since inception;1
- On track to deliver underlying NPAT for FY18 between $34.0 – $36.0 million.
1. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Please refer to Blue Sky’s 1H FY18 Results Presentation for further details.
Australia’s expert in alternative assets
Blue Sky is Australia’s leading diversified alternative asset manager. We specialise in managing investments across the four major alternative asset classes: private equity, private real estate, real assets and hedge funds. Founded in 2006, Blue Sky has since grown to have more than $4.0 billion in fee-earning assets under management (as at 9 March 2018) and an 11 year investment track record of delivering returns to our investors of 15.0% p.a.1 (net of fees as at 31 December 2017). We have a world-class team, a global investor base, offices across Australia and the United States and are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:BLA).
1. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
1 Private Equity
We invest growth capital and late stage venture capital into rapidly growing businesses. We partner with world-class entrepreneurs, providing them with our capital, expertise and resources to help them deliver extraordinary outcomes for their business.see more
2 Real Assets
We are Australia’s leading independent manager of investments in water entitlements. We also make investments that enhance the value of Australia’s agricultural assets, combining our vast networks and decades of experience to generate investor returns.see more
3 Private Real Estate
We invest private capital into real estate markets, and through our investments actively look to create positive change for local communities. This includes teams dedicated to managing investments in student accommodation, retirement living and residential developments.see more
4 Hedge Funds
We aim to provide investors with true diversification within their portfolios. Our core Dynamic Macro strategy is designed to generate positive returns when most other assets perform poorly. Since inception in November 2007, this strategy has delivered investors an annualised return of 7.06% p.a. net of fees, with a correlation of -0.46 to the ASX 200 Total Return Index (as at 31 December 2017).see more
Please fill in the contact form and we will be in touch shortly.
Looking to invest? Please fill out our Investor Enquiry Form here.
Looking for Venture Capital funding? Please fill out our Business Opportunity Submission Form here.
Looking for an internship? Please fill out our Internship Form here.