Blue Sky Alternative Investments Limited (ABN: 73 136 866 236) (‘Blue Sky’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Blue Sky is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APPs’).
The Information Blue Sky Collects and Holds
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so, Blue Sky will only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for it to:
- Provide you with quality products or services;
- Consider applications you make to Blue Sky; and
- Maintain your contact details.
Blue Sky generally holds personal information relating to:
- The products and services Blue Sky provides or has provided to you;
- Your financial interests; and
- Personal details such as your name, address, phone and email address, bank account details and Tax File Numbers.
Without this information, Blue Sky would not be able to provide the respective financial services to you.Sensitive Information
Blue Sky generally does not collect sensitive information about you, unless it is required by law and you have consented to the collection of this information.
How Blue Sky Collects Your Personal Information
When collecting, using or disclosing personal information, Blue Sky will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
Collecting Personal Information
Blue Sky will only collect personal information in a lawful and fair manner. Wherever possible, personal information will be collected directly from the individual, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Sensitive information (e.g. Tax File Numbers and Bank Account Details) will only be collected where the individual consents to the collection of that information.
At or before the time or, if that is not practicable, as soon as practicable after, Blue Sky collects personal information about an individual, Blue Sky, will ensure the individual is aware:
- of Blue Sky’s identity and its contact details;
- that the collection of personal information is permitted by Blue Sky under the Corporations Act 2001 (cth) and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006) (cth)(‘AML/CTF Laws’) and/or a particular court/tribunal order;
- of the purpose for which Blue Sky collects the personal information;
- of the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or some of the personal information is not collected;
- of any other entity (or type of entity) to which Blue Sky generally discloses the personal information it collects;
- access and seek correction of the personal information about the individual that Blue Sky holds; and
- complain about a breach of the APPs and how Blue Sky will deal with such a complaint; and of whether Blue Sky is likely to disclose the personal information to overseas recipients.
Receiving Unsolicited Personal Information
- that the unsolicited personal information has been collected;
- of the circumstances of that collection; and
If the personal information could not have been collected by Blue Sky, it will destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Using Government Identifiers
Unless permitted by law, Blue Sky will not adopt a government related identifier (e.g. a Tax File Number) of an individual as its own identifier and it will only disclose such identifiers for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual, or as permitted by law or as is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
The Purpose for which Blue Sky Collects, Holds, Uses and Discloses Personal Information
Blue Sky collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for the purposes it was disclosed to Blue Sky. This includes administering its managed investment schemes and communicating with shareholders, investors and clients.
The Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information
Blue Sky only collects, holds and uses personal information for the primary purpose it was provided, a related purpose or as required or permitted by law. This includes:
- establishing, maintaining and administering your investment;
- verifying, monitoring and reporting as required under the AML/CTF Laws;
- collecting taxation information such as TFN’s, ABN’s and country of residence as required for:
- ATO reporting and/or other relevant bodies; and
- withhold tax correctly from payments
- communicating with investors and shareholders regarding the status of their investments in Blue sky, responding to your enquiries and information requests;
- processing authorised payments; and
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
Where Blue Sky collects an individual’s personal information for a particular purpose (i.e. the primary purpose), it will not use that information for another purpose (i.e. a secondary purpose) unless the individual has consented to the use or disclosure of that information or:
- it would be reasonably expected that the information would be disclosed for a secondary purpose which is related to the primary purpose (and in relation to sensitive information for a secondary purpose which is directly related to the primary purpose); or
- the use or disclosure of the information is legally required, specifically authorised by the APPs or reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.